FARRINGTON HIGH SCHOOL & JUNIOR
REGISTRATION PACKET 2017
KAREN MIYAMOTO, INSTRUCTOR
Program Dates: June 5-July 14, 2017; Location: Ford Hall Room 2; Beginning Orchestra High School & Juniors 1-2 P.M. Mondays-Fridays; Intermediate/Advanced High School & Junior Orchestra 3-5 P.M. Mondays-Fridays; Young Strings (Ages 4-7) Tuesdays & Thursdays 5:00-5:30 P.M.
- Beginning Orchestra is a class geared for students entering Grades 3-12 with little or no playing experience. Attendance at all classes and performances is required. Open to any student in Grades 3-12 who wish to play an orchestral instrument (Violin, Viola, Cello, Bass). Instruments will be provided.
- Intermediate/Advanced Orchestra is a class geared for students in Grades 3-12 who have had at least 1 year of playing experience. Intermediate and Advanced Orchestra students rehearse together. Advanced students may have select performance opportunities.
- All Classes are FREE except for High School Students wishing to take the Class for Credit ($160). Please register at the FHS Business Office with Cash if registering for Credit. Membership in the Orchestra Booster Club is highly encouraged (see forms).
- The Concert Orchestra is a performing ensemble that will perform at various locations in the community, which may include Ala Moana Center Stage, Ward Warehouse, Hotels, Kahala Mall, Parade of Orchestras, and other various festivals and events.
- Students will perform in black formal attire—ladies, long black formal dresses & black dress sandals, and gentlemen—long, black dress slacks, black covered dress shoes, white tuxedo shirt with black bow tie. Students may purchase the uniforms by ordering from the attached order form or students may purchase on your own.
- All students should be committed to regular attendance at rehearsals and performances, be willing to practice and become advanced on their instrument, and have a strong desire to perform at the highest standards of excellence.
- Please feel free to email Dr. Miyamoto with any questions: Karen_miyamoto@notes.k12.hi.us.
- Registration forms may be sent to Dr. Karen Miyamoto, Ford Hall Room 2. Any checks for the booster club may be made payable to: FHS Orchestra Booster Club.
- If interested and able to attend rehearsals, please return the following form to Dr. Miyamoto.
FARRINGTON HIGH SCHOOL SUMMER ORCHESTRA 2017
____My child has permission to attend the Summer Orchestra Class indicated below and will commit to regular attendance and practice.
____Beginning Orchestra (Grades 3-12); 1-2 P.M. Mondays-Fridays
____Intermediate/Advanced Orchestra (Grades 3-12); 3-5 P.M. Mondays-Fridays
____Young Strings (Ages 4-7); 5:00-5:30 P.M. Tuesdays & Thursdays
Parent’s/Legal Guardian’s Signature/Date